Thursday, April 9, 2020

A CAUTIONARY TALE


Sitting in our isolation location
Discussing the current situation
Day 25 and we’re doing alright
Haven’t even had a good fight.
At the moment I am getting quite lazy
But my daily poem stops me going crazy
I am here with the love of my life
So, we will get along without too much strife.
But what if this goes on vey much longer?
I hope we will keep getting stronger
We’ve got food aplenty and also booze
We do exercise and we also snooze.
 
By day 164 the days will go slowly
And tolerance levels might be poorly
The going might get pretty rough.
For some people it will be very tough
I hear from a neighbour through a friend of a friend
About one poor soul who had a nasty end.
 
For on day 362 it came to pass
That a hole was dug deep in the grass
She stuffed her mate in up to his ass
Which I think was pretty crass.
She covered all his bones
Under a big pile of stones.
And surrendered without any emotion
To her a time of enforced isolation
It really is terribly, terribly sad
How the poor thing went completely mad.

A personal note:

While this poem is written light-heartedly, it is not meant to make light of mental illness. I worry that a legacy of the COVID-19 crisis may be an increase in cases of anxiety and mental illness. For that reason I am donating (as a start) the amount that I would have spent on yoga classes, to a charity that provides support for community-based mental health services. I have chosen to support The United Way

Karin






No comments:

Post a Comment