Thursday, September 19, 2024

DREAMSCAPE



You came to me again
last night while I slept
fanning flames of wonder

what do you want I asked
you don’t speak
just hover
warming me with a glow
of comfort and kindness
and then you are gone
I am left to ponder

In the morning light
I watch the clouds
for signs

Is that your trail
the smoky arc that loops
with perfect symmetry
amongst the clouds
that shimmers while I watch
then disappears, like you?

Tonight, I will look for you
in my dreamscape
ready to be guided
ready to follow your lead

Will you let me fly with you?
Will you lift me
above the daily grind
beyond the stress of doubt
that hobbles my momentum
that clouds my judgement?

I wait through daylight hours
and watch the sun dip
coloring the sky with radiance
and then I see your wings
brilliant in the setting sun
fanning flames
that send a spark of wisdom
in that instant
I get your message

open your eyes
see the good that surrounds you
believe in yourself

I am no longer left to wonder

You will be my guide to
abandon self-doubt
to find my inner strength
that will break my bonds
of indecision.

And when I am ready
you will let me fly with you.

                                                 


 

Published in Dragon Dreams Anthology - Storm Dragon Publishing. September 22, 2024


No comments:

Post a Comment