Friday, September 23, 2022

Enroute to Maratea

 


Purple mountains with ragged peaks frame my view today,

guardians of the hills and valleys spreading at their feet.

The trees are taller, the pastures greener than we've seen on previous days.

Goats scamper when they hear our moto, their dogs keep careful watch.

Cows graze beside the road sometimes, but never in our path.

And here's another hilltop town, rosy houses clustering on the slopes.

The gray road winds on forever, down one hill, up another,

looping up a mountain side, cresting and down again.

We move in perfect tandem, with the rhythm of the road.

The voice inside my head that keeps me calm sometimes, is silent today.

"It's okay" I told the voice. “I've got this now.

I am moving with the ride.”

 


No comments:

Post a Comment