Sunday, March 27, 2022

UKRAINE STRONG 2



         I don't know you but

      I wake up wondering

        if you have survived the night

      Are you sheltering underground

        as bombs bombard the city?

      Are you bracing for a barrage of bullets

        as you cross the street to safety?

     Are you searching for escape routes

        clutching loved ones by the hand?

    Are you hungry, lost and lonely

        as your home is brought to ruin?


    I lie in bed pondering

        if the world has gone quite mad

    How can this frightful bully

        have such hatred in his heart?

    How dare this raging lunatic 

        cause such horror in the world?

    Can no one stop his rampage

        of killing and destruction?

    What will it take, I wonder

        to end his bloody war?


    As I go about my peaceful day

        you're never far from mind

    And when I sleep, I dream

        a miracle will take place.

    But thoughts and hopes are useless

        as you cope the best you can.

    Unless this dreadful path is changed

        the future's plain to see.

    Missing friend, absent loved ones

    Empty spaces, lonely places 

        is all that there will be.

    

 Dedicated to the relentless Ukrainians who inspire the world with their bravery and determination.

    

   

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment